Management calls for special skillsets but with changing times the skills have much to do with empathy in people management. Every head of department faces different sets of difficult situations but most common to all is getting the work done by the team effectively increasing productivity with the available resources.
You are improving your team every time you incorporate the following ways
1. When you talk less, and are listening more.
2 . When you begin to delegate work to the right team members and increase the sense of responsibility in them.
3.When you are able to speak assertively with confidence and empathy than simply ordering people around.
4. When you are able to analyze and share appraisals to resolve and find solutions in a non judgmental manner.
5. When you are able to steer and guide them in their endeavors without overtaking the joy of effort.
6. When you practising collaborating with your team instead of trying to be the controlling one.
Every team is unique as the people in it and this makes it uniquely interesting to manage as well.
The strength of the interconnects run deeper than we can fathom.
We are much more interweaved and interdependent than we realise.
And the sooner we realize how much we need to coexist, the better we will be.
Every move you make
Alters energy in space
Creating new patterns
In conscious awareness
Our positive gestures
Begin to give and receive
Balancing subtle currents
Influencing cosmic rhythms
Activating harmony fieldsIncreasing love hope and joy
Spreading peace and contentment.
Imbuing divinity in motion.
Talk of profundity in brevity.
So much can be said in a few words.
Came across this very brief but thought provoking read and felt like sharing . Have interspersed them with a few relevant pictures.
8 micro short stories, with deep meanings!
(1) Those who had coins, enjoyed in the rain. Those who had notes, were busy looking for shelter.
(2) Man and God both met somewhere. Both exclaimed, “My creator.”
(3) He asked, are you a Hindu or Muslim? The response came, “I am hungry”!
(4) The fool didn’t know it was impossible. So he did it.
(5) “Wrong number,” Said a familiar voice.
(6) What if God asks you after you die, “So how was heaven?”
(7) They told me that to make her fall in love I had to make her laugh. But every time she laughs, I am the one who falls in love.”
(8) We don’t make friends anymore…. We Add them nowadays..
A person started to walk on a rope tied between two tall towers at several hundred feet above the ground. He is slowly walking balancing a long stick in his hands. He has his son sitting on his shoulders.
Everyone down were watching him in bated breath and were tensed. He slowly reached the second tower. Everyone clapped, whistled and welcomed him. They shook hands and took selfies.
He asked the crowd “do you all think I can walk back on the same rope now from this side to that side?”. The crowd shouted, “Yes, Yes, you can”. Do you trust me he asked? They said yes, yes we are ready to bet on you.
He said okay, can anyone of you sit on my shoulder; I will take you to the other side safely.
Everyone became quiet. There was stunned silence.
Belief is different. Trust is different. For Trust, you need total surrender.
This is what we are lacking towards God in today’s world.
We believe in God. But we don’t trust Him.
Trust is a matter of letting go
Letting go is a matter of faith
Faith is a matter of feeling
Feeling is a matter of knowing
Knowing is a matter of awareness
Be aware in trustfulness.
And so it goes…