Life is a precious gift!
A recent spate of connects and requests from my old students to hold a workshop for them got me thinking of what is it that makes sense of what truly matters . Almost most of them were and are middle-aged and above and seem to be in the same boat.
All of them feeling loneliness creeping through somewhere into their lives in spite of having family and friends and an active social life and network.
Many of them are seeking a purpose in their life … unknowingly searching for a sense of meaning. It has become common for people around 40s to begin a second innings of soulful searching of that spirit that someway has deviated and lost its way.
In the throes of bustling family life and living, new meaning seems hard to find but around middle age, children take care of themselves the spouses find more time to pursue that which they have never done before or found time to do. In such times there is scope to do so much more than before. The question then is how to fine balance life well and achieve all that you set out to .
Here are a few tips in living well and achieving a work life balance:
If you find yourself feeling stuck and stagnant in your present condition maybe in your relationships be sure to take some time to find solutions creatively.
- Watch out for signs of loneliness or hopelessness if so make sure to replace negative thoughts with positive reflections and thoughts
- Use this time to find new outlets of creativity within you like maybe find your new interest in hobbies art culture in your environment
- Try to spend time making new friends increasing your social circle
- Try to take time out to read solve puzzles for they help in bettering your neural pathways. Every new thing you learn as you grow, your brain re-activates and channels certain parts of your dormant brain cells.
- Avoid procrastinating and face your fears and problems headlong one by one the trick is to not try to do too much at one time but to be open to challenges and yet find time to do concentrate on the thing you are involved at that moment.
- Make sure that you have small goals that you have in mind and work towards fulfilling it.
- Respect the life you have and appreciate the moments for what it is.
- Work on yourself by being grateful, nurture relationships and friendships and spend some time caring and sharing this lays s the foundation to more fulfilling life.
- If you’re looking for things to do that can make a difference to your personal self as well as feeling productive consider volunteering. A number of organisations require genuine help from people who are having the time to share and mentor.
- Use your knowledge to make this world a better place teaching youngsters basic life skills or even taking lessons for them can change your life in dramatic ways
- Try to find places where you can volunteer your time and resources constructively. The take back you will have is undeniable joy.
- Spend time nurturing and caring for yourself and also do not hesitate to take advice from those who have done it so before and change your life, swim the tide through to positive ways.
- All is a matter of choices we make and the positive intentions that we choose to carry.