Found this very practical as an advice in all times and especially so in times of crisis.
Our Responsibilities As Civilians When Ones Country Is On High Alert
Here are some ways to behave as a responsible citizen during this time of national emergency.
1. What’s done is done. Forwarding jokes is fine but the situation is grim. So let’s come back to senses and ask ourselves, “What is my responsibility in a crisis”. Understand that it is an hour of national high alert * STOP and THINK for a moment.
2. “Loose lips, sink ships”. *Your facebook, Whatsapp & Instagram messages could spread within minutes.* if you have friends in defence, DO NOT share their messages to civilian groups. Just be silent on security matters.
4. *Do not photograph or take videos of anything related to local or national security. No selfies with tanks or soldiers*.
5. *Do not take pictures in airports, railway stations, government facilities, etc. or circulate them
6. *Do not forward any sensitive videos and if anyone sends it in a group, caution the sender and insist on the admin removing it immediately.*
7. *Be on high alert personally, in public spaces* and in case of any security threat, alert local authorities immediately ( suspicious packages, panicked drivers near sensitive facilities, etc.) Become the eyes and ears of your Country’s security forces.
8. *If you have a flight/train to catch, arrive early* and help make the security checks smooth. Don’t throw tantrums and become a headache for the security teams there. Instead greet them or Thank them, and receive a broad smile.
9. *Prepare yourself to be useful to the country in its time of need.* What can you offer: Learn first aid. Or traffic management. Or volunteer somewhere. Become useful in real life.
10. *Sensitize others* – family, children, youth, drivers, maids, friends, – that this is a time of national emergency. Make them feel their responsibility.
*Be a responsible citizen.*